Sunday, April 21, 2013

Boston Lockdown!

Darn it!  That little 'brain chips' freakout last week put the whole floor in lock down.  We all had to stay in our rooms until Dr. Idiot decided which of us were behaving well enough to get out.  I was sprung the next day because I wasn't freaked out to start with, but I was alone most of the day, which is almost enough to freak me out.  Isn't it weird how footsteps on terrazzo sound when there aren't any other noises?  The TV and computer were still blacked out, so I was pretty itchy for some kind of contact.  I indulged myself by sneaking up on the chefs and screaming, but that's an old trick that doesn't impress them much anymore. When Duds and Rita got out the next day I felt a little better but they were so loopy with head meds that they weren't much company.

The days dragged by while my nutty buddies trickled back into the common rooms a few at a time.  Still, the TV was off and I couldn't get permission to use the computer.  I've already read all the books in the library and crafts leave me cold, since I'm not allowed to melt crayons, so I was getting desperately bored.  Yesterday they finally turned the TV on and opened the computer for use.  Duds and I did rock, paper, scissors and I convinced Duds that I won so I got first crack at getting online.  That's how I found out that there was more than insanity to blame for the media black out, there was horrible news too.  Just as well I didn't hear sooner, because I went from bored to completely FURIOUS.  Jumping up and down, beating on the wall, screaming obscenities, PISSED OFF TO THE EXTREME!  The chefs called Dr. Idiot, but he decided I was behaving normally.  In fact, Dr. Idiot said he was pissed off and all the normal people he knew were pissed off too.  SMALL WONDER!

    
Bombing in Boston.  At the Marathon.  All kinds of people parts flying everywhere and 4 people DEAD.  Here, once again, is a prime example of amateurs playing with explosives and killing people!  For pity's sake!  They couldn't have just blown off their bombs from the roof of a building?  A nice display of pyrotechnics instead of murder?  Then what happens.  The WHOLE CITY is put in lock down, the older homicidal sociopath gets shot and the younger one hides in a boat like a raccoon.  Oooo!  We're SO impressed!  

Message to Monkey Brains: Having fun now Mr. Islamic Jihadist Wannabe?  Enjoying your bullet wounds?  Your misanthrope of a brother is DEAD and you're left to tell everybody how smart you are!  Can't wait to hear all about that!  Did you make Allah happy?  Are you SURE?  Well, I'm betting Allah would say you're a deluded little pimple on the ass of the universe.  Keeping in mind that Allah is a lot smarter than YOU. 

So now we get another noxious dose of ethnic and religious condemnation.  Every Muslim will be getting the stink eye even if they don't come from Chechnya.  Everybody who has a vaguely Russian accent will be under suspicion.  Yeah, that's just GREAT.  Thank goodness the people of Boston all pulled together to help the wounded and chase down these twisted little poster boys for poorly interpreted religious doctrine. I wish the conspiracy theories that prompted this paranoid psychosis could be permanently put on black out.  Yeah, yeah, 1st amendment, blah, blah, blah.  The internet spreads conspiracy theories like whores spread syphilis.  If these guys believed the conspiracy crap that turned them against the USA then what the HELL were they doing here?  Oh, that's right, they wanted to play with explosives and become martyrs to a phantom cause.  Chechnya must be really proud!

***************

Postscript:  Oh wow!  The Junior Jihadist woke up!  Now he's telling the world how he and his dead brother were "self radicalized", which means they spent lots of time on the internet getting misinformed.  

ANOTHER message for Monkey Brains: Now that you'll have plenty of time to play on the internet, you might want to study the actual history of events in Afghanistan and Iraq.  For instance, the US and other countries, such as Israel and China, kicked in billions of dollars to get the Soviets out of Afghanistan in the '80s.  Ever hear of that?  Ever hear that money is STILL flowing into Iraq and Afghanistan to help rebuild?    But don't worry, you'll have lots of time in prison to upgrade your woefully truncated education.  While you're at it, think about those people you've killed or crippled.  Did that even the score?  Do you feel vindicated?  If you wanted to blame somebody, why didn't you blame the guys who made billions of dollars off those wars?  Why didn't you go after them?  Of course, that would have required a lot more courage than you'll ever possess. If there's any justice you'll have a ghost child taunting you every night for the rest of your life.  By the time you're facing your own death you might even figure out what a tool you've been.  I have my doubts, but it could happen.          

2 comments:

  1. You pretty much hit the nail square on the head, Nancy. Last week was a nightmare, first the horrific bombing in Boston, then the terrible explosion here in Texas that killed more, gravely injured as many, and devastated a lot of property. Way too much terror to have to absorb!

    After reading the know it all, social media meanies, fundamental tea party junkies, put blame on all the wrong people all week long on Facebook, I swore off there until one of my grand-kids does something else grand enough for me to brag about.

    My sawdust brain hurt something awful after watching that hyper chase most of the day Friday, and I swore off TV for the rest of the weekend. Working in the dirt in the flower beds finally got my shattered mind half way back in order. Much cleaner dirt than I heard all week long that is easy to wash off. The other isn't.

    You have a great week this one Nancy and let's hope the whole nation does!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Multiple Dittos Anna Maria. Even though I've tried to slip past all this carnage it slips right back at me. The explosion in TX looks to be sheer negligence plus dirty regulators. At least there's a possibility of legal redress for TX. (Cold comfort.) Criminal charges would be even better.

    ReplyDelete